- 1 wiseGEEK: Where can I get Free Legal Advice?
- 2 How to be approved for a $5000 loan with bad credit
- 2.0.1 Loans for up to $5,000 you could apply for
- 2.0.2 Tips on being approved for aВ bad credit loan
- 2.0.3 What brands offer bad credit loans up to $5,000?
- 2.0.4 Options for an unsecured $5000 loan with a good credit rating
- 2.0.5 What to consider when comparing $5000 loans
- 2.0.6 Things to avoid with bad credit unsecured loans
- 2.0.7 Important information about this website
wiseGEEK: Where can I get Free Legal Advice?
Many professional attorneys offer a free initial consultation for potential clients, but this is not always the same as offering free legal advice. While the initial meeting may be free, the attorney is often simply evaluating the merits of the case and any possible out-of-court settlements. Any subsequent meetings can be considered billable. What many people need is legal advice on matters ranging from immigration status to bankruptcy to civil lawsuits that is truly free. This kind of information is readily available in many countries around the world, but locating sources is not always easy.
One source of free legal advice is as close as your telephone. Different companies sponsor pre-recorded legal and medical topics as part of an interactive phone service. These services may be listed in standard phone books, either as a separate section or within the advertising section. Callers can receive free advice by dialing the special code corresponding to any of the the assorted topics. Some of the information may only be general, but many people find answers to basic legal questions by listening to the recordings.
Another source of free legal advice is often provided to those whose incomes fall under a certain level. Local human resource departments may sponsor legal aid centers for those who cannot afford to hire an attorney themselves. These centers are usually staffed by younger attorneys or other legal professionals who are required to work pro bono, meaning for the good of the community. These attorneys can offer free advice on most legal matters, along with legal representation during court proceedings.
A new source of free legal advice has emerged with the growth of the Internet. A number of websites now feature advice from established professional lawyers, judges and educators. Some of this exists in the form of pre-existing topics, similar to those found in the phone service mentioned earlier.
Other online services allow users to pose legal questions in online chatrooms or message boards. These posts are usually answered by legal experts or by other participants who have faced similar circumstances. Some free websites allow subscribers to email participating professionals directly for specific advice and counseling.
32) My boyfriend just got arrested and i need some legal advice. We went to go do a police record check to get our place. When we went, they made us wait. Two police officers came and arrested my boyfriend. I asked them why and they said he is a big man and he can tell me himself.
I asked him and he said for immigration. I know he had not resolved a letter he got in the mail. He is being detained right now I and I am waiting for his call right now.
Last weekend, he had a warrant on the Quebec side because of a ticket. We went the same day we found out and paid the ticket and they said to keep the receipt. I am not sure if they didn't process the warrant yet or what to think. I need some knowledge.
30) Recently I signed a contract with a recruitment agency and in the terms and conditions, it stated that if I were to terminate before the first day of work or during the first three months of work, I will need to pay the liquidated damage to the firm, however the commencement date had been delayed twice. Will I still need to bear the liquidated damage cost if I withdraw from the contract due to the delay of work?
24) My partner and I do not get along well anymore. We were together for four years and have two children 4 and 2 years old. We are not married. I want him to leave and he doesn't want to. What recourse do I have? I own the house we live in.
23) I am 17 years old living in the state of missouri. I live in a transitional living program I am very curious about how many rights I have for myself. My guardian has refused to take me home numerous times and has showed many cases of emotional abuse.
I am interested in becoming a qualified minor so I can make the decisions that your guardian usually makes for you. The program I live in is in a confused position. They are not aware of the state law for 17 year olds. I am in desperate need for your advice. Please please help.
22) I am reviewing a substitute trustees deed and the notary public did not note when the commission expires or place a seal on the document. The new trustee is only identified by the words "known to me". So how can this be a legal document?
21) I just turned 18 and I moved to my uncle's house. I live in a camper that is parked on the side of the house, and I am applying for government assistance.
I know that you can claim a camper as a separate home on taxes or for insurance purposes. I need to know if I can legally say that I am the only person in living in my household.
20) I really need legal advice on this matter. Last year 2010 my company terminated me for no reason, so I filed a case against them. Same year the case was resolved and we signed a letter that we can be rehired along with that is a clean record so we can apply to another company.
Now I went there to my previous company to re-apply, but they say that I am not allowed to come back, I am not eligible for rehire. But on the letter from our arbiter it says that they can rehire me. Is there any case that I can file back regarding this concern.
19) I have an employment contract which states that I am at will employee for two years. How does this work in the court?
18) I was terminated from my job and was asked not to contact my clients. Is there any legal reason I should not contact my clients? I am no longer working for them, so would it just be considered an act of "poor taste" or something? I'm worried that my former employer is telling them slanderous statements.
17) I was accused by my former boss during a meeting that ended in my termination of stealing from clients and not honouring a contract. They will not take legal action (mostly because it would be pointless) but I am worried about this affecting my reputation and career.
Since the accusation is false, but a serious accusation, is this considered slander? Or is it slander only when it has been passed on to a third party?
16) I was just wrongfully terminated from my job, and after some investigation, I found that I am an employee instead of a contractor as I had been told previously. Are there any legal consequences for this?
15) I got a call from a loan company saying i have to pay them $1,095 today or they will be sending my case to a grand jury because they say i supposedly got a loan from them and never paid it back. The bank they say they sent it to is an account i closed in 09. They also have my full social and the employer i had in 09.
They called me from a California number but tell me to call them from a number registered in NY and the voicemail has no company info.
I'm scared about having to go to court but i believe i'm being scammed.
I was told the contract i signed online says they would only contact me through email. The email account they claim they sent 41 emails to is one that I don't use, really. I can't find the emails they said they sent, but i do have around 3000 emails that are unread.
Does this sound legit? What should I do?
13) i was married for seven years. When we were married three years, his mom gave us a home for free. now we're a few years down the road and getting a divorce and we're about to go file here in a few weeks.
come to find out the home was a donation from his mother and he went and signed the title. is it true i have to leave the home with my two kids?. i have been a homemaker this whole time. Do i have to go find a job? i was wondering if i had to leave? -shyla
12) I am worried about termination from my employment. I was hit by a car last year and have been unable to work since than. I have been on medical leave. It has been a year and I guess my protection has ended. If they fire me, am I unable to collect unemployment? If they fire me can they blackball my name? I work for Kmart if it makes any difference. I have been employed at Kmart since april 2004 to present.
11) I live an apartment and there are lots of problems. many of the walls are out. The lights do not work, i mean a whole bedroom. my heater has not worked since october 09 and brown water comes out of the tub, sometimes when running the water.
There are roaches, gaps in exterior door frames, a drug dealer lives next door and breaks windows, plays loud music at 8:30 a.m., and I guess the last straw is my toilet broke today and I called the manager and told her it was so bad that the toilet paper is not even getting pulled back. he told me to buy a trash can and after wiping to throw my toilet paper in the trash, not to flush it and take my trash out every day.
I am at a loss for words. This is so unsanitary and I told her no. She said if she sends out a plumber she would charge it to me and it won't be until Friday. Now I have a non-working toilet for two days? is that legal?
10) are text messages legally binding agreements between seller/buyer? if the seller says he accepts my offer via text message, but we never sign a purchase agreement. am i holding anything more than a verbal agreement?
9) Please help me to decide on the case of one of our employees. HR issued her a memo as follows: 1. Delayed Submission of reports which is tantamount to seven days suspension. 2. Delayed submission of Petty Cash Liquidation which is also tantamount to seven days suspension and at the same time. 3. Revealing confidential information without the consent from authority which is tantamount to termination of employment. I am very confused if the said employee is already subject for dismissal. Kindly give me inputs on how to justify her case and if subject for termination kindly teach me on how to explain to the Management that the subject employee is subject for termination. thank you
8) talk to your dad so that he can get full custody of you. You will need to collect evidence of the things your mom's boyfriend is doing. any kind of evidence of her neglecting you and police reports, and of course the reason why you don't want to live with your mom anymore. Give your dad the evidence and let him take it to the judge. You can also call child protective services on your own and tell them you don't feel safe. make sure you tell your mom about this so that she knows what is going on. maybe she will realize that she is wrong for bringing him around. This man seems dangerous and it could be that your mom is afraid of him. and maybe that is the reason why she keeps letting him come by. So don't be angry with her, i am sure she loves you. Just tell her that she needs to call the police on this guy and keep him away or else you are going to leave the house. I know that sounds crazy but this guy doesn't seem well and it is scary for you and your mom. If he starts acting crazy, take the phone quietly without anyone noticing, and call 911. they will interrupt the problem and deal with it.
7) can i file for a legal separation without my husband agreeing to it or him signing any papers?
5) I am 17 years old and there has been a lot happening in my home since I've been 13. It isn't like I want to leave home and be with a boyfriend or friend, I think that if I moved in with my grandmother I could get things done. I have been out of school for a year and i've been trying to get my mother to get me discharged from my old high school so I could at least take GED classes. I need glasses and she hasn't gone to get the copy of my medicaid card. On top of all of that there was a situation with my ex step father that caused a lot of problems in my house. My mother never took actions to get an order of protection against him for me. He violated my privacy being a peeping tom and video recording me taking a shower. The only reason he couldn't get arrested is because he took the camera with him when he left the house. And as much as I begged my mother to never speak to him she still has a relationship with him and brings him into the house when we (all the children) are not home.
My mother and I haven't seen eye to eye in many years but it's just getting worse and I can't handle it. I can't live with someone that I know doesn't love me. I am speaking out now because I know it will help me. My mother will not agree with me living with my grandmother so what legal steps could I take and would it be possible to find a way to live with my grandmother.
** my father has half custody of me and he lives close to my grandmother and he is willing to help me however he can.**
How to be approved for a $5000 loan with bad credit
When youвЂ™ve got a bad credit history you're usually not eligible for a loan from a bank or traditional credit lender. However, there are loan options available. You'll just need to show that you can repay the loan by providing evidence of a regular income, whether that's through employment or Centrelink. If you're unemployed and need a loan, read our guide here.
- Borrow up to $4,600
- Loan term up to 2 years.
- Instant online decision
100% confidential application
Swoosh Finance offer Fast, reliable, and hassle-free secured loans up to $4,600 for when you are in need of money
- Loan amount: $4,600
- Loan term: 12-24 months
- Turnaround time: Next Business Day
- Fees: $400 + 48% APR of borrowed amount
Loans for up to $5,000 you could apply for
The loans below allow you to borrow cash for a short period when you may need the emergency money.
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
Tips on being approved for aВ bad credit loan
There is no one surefire way to ensure you are approved for a fast cash loan application. When you're considering applying for a loan and your credit history isn't perfect, keep the following tips in mind:
- Check the eligibility criteria before applying
Lenders have set eligibility criteria which you can check on finder.com.au review pages. Check to see if you meet these criteria, and if you're unsure you can call the lender to discuss your situation.
While you may think you have a good idea of your credit history, your credit file is the only true record of your financial history and what lender's will use to judge your creditworthiness. You can order a free copy of your credit fileВ from the main credit reporting agencies in Australia.
- Compare your loan options before you apply
Every application you make shows up on your credit file, so make sure you compare your options before you apply to minimise the amount of applications you make.
What brands offer bad credit loans up to $5,000?
You have various options when it comes to finding loans up to $5,000. You can consider any of the below. Click through to the review page to find out more details on the loan.
- Earn at least $500 per week
- Own an asset
- Earn at least $500 per week
- Only consider single parent, family tax benefit and carer's allowance for Centrelink income
- If self-employed, need to have been for 12 months
- Be employed
- Earn over $1,500 per month
- Be employed
- Have good credit
- Earn at least $1,000 per month
- Centrelink can't be more than 50% of your income
- Over 18
- Employed for at least three months
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Earn a regular income and
- Not be dependant on Centrelink benefits
- Bad credit and self-employed applicants areВ considered
- Bad credit, Centrelink and unemployed applicants are considered
- Over 18
- Australian residents
- Be employed
- Over 18
- Receive regular income
- Centrelink borrowers considered
- Bad credit borrowers are able to apply
- Bankrupt and Part 9 borrowers can apply provided they haven't entered into the bankruptcy/Part 9 in the past 12 months
Options for an unsecured $5000 loan with a good credit rating
If you don't have bad credit you can be eligible for a loan from a bank, credit union or standalone lender at a more competitive rate than bad credit loans. You may be able to borrow up to a limit of $5,000 and do not have to attach an asset as a guarantee.
Compare a range of options below if you need to borrow $5000.
If you're borrowing from a non-Authorised Deposit-taking Institutions (ADIs), which is basically any lender that isn't a bank, credit union or building society, you'll be charged the following:
- Loans under $2,000.В You will be charged a 20% establishment fee and a 4% monthly fee. Both fees are calculated using your loan principal.
- Loans of $2,001 to $5,000.В These loans are repaid over 16 days to two years. You cannot be charged more than a one-off establishment fee of $400 and a maximum annual interest rate of 48% p.a. that includes all other fees and charges.
- Loans over $5,000.В YouВ cannot be charged more than 48% p.a. including all fees and charges.
What to consider when comparing $5000 loans
- The convenience of an online application
The convenience of online application forms and quick approval systems can save you time. YouвЂ™ll also have a chance to compare a range of credit providers, improving your choices.
It's common practice to find difficulty being approved for a personal loan from other credit providers if youвЂ™ve got a bad credit history. Getting a bad credit unsecured loanВ gives you access to lenders who look at your current financial situation when considering you for a loan, and if you have major credit problems you can consider a no credit check loan.
You'll generally have your repayments lined up to when you get paid, and some lenders will give you the option of how to make repayments. Direct debit repayments are offered by most lenders as you don't have to worry about making the repayments yourself, you just need the money available in your account.
Due to high risk of this loan the lender will usually charge a higherВ fees. However, keep in mind fees are capped by ASIC.
While loans under this amount do not come with interest rates (only set fees) loans above this amount come with rates maxed at 48% p.a.
There are many disreputable lenders operating online who prey on people with bad credit, so make sure you evaluate the lender before you apply.
Things to avoid with bad credit unsecured loans
There are quite a few risks associated with loans for people with bad credit. Avoid the pitfalls outlined below:
- Not being cautious. ASIC has issued a warning to those intending to take out a bad credit personal loan due to high fees and inflexibility.
- Not considering the affordability.В Make sure you think twice before applying for a bad credit unsecured personal loan up to $5,000 вЂ“ the repayment period is a lot shorter than standard loans which means your repayments are quite high. Lenders usually offer calculators to show an indication of your repayments.
- Not considering the fees as well as the interest rate.В Lenders may charge you an interest rate as well as fees and other charges. Check these before you apply and consider the total cost of the loan.
*average repayment based on a $30,000 loan over 3 years | ^ based on a $3,000 loan over 220 days |
based on a $1000 loan over 32 days
How do IВ apply for a bad credit unsecured loan?
You can apply for any of the lenders on this page by clicking "Go to Site". If you don't see this button you can apply directly on the lender's website.
What happens after I send my application?
This will differ between lenders, but you will usually receive a notification as to whether you have been approved or not along with further instructions for the next steps.
Are my details secure?
When you apply for a loan online up to $5,000, your details are securely transmitted over an encrypted connection. The majority of sites you apply with use 128-bit SSL encryption to ensure your details are safe and secure.
Can I get a $,5000 loan if I am unemployed?
When an institution lends you money, they want to be certain that you can repay back the debt within the allocated timeframe. If you are unemployed your income may be limited unless you are receiving Centrelink benefits. If the majority of your income comes from Centrelink payments you may be still eligible for a personal loan - please read our guide to getting a loan on Centrelink before applying.
Have bad credit but still need finance? There is a range of loan options that you can consider when your credit is less-than-perfect. Find out if you're eligible for and what loans are available in this guide.
Finance isn't reserved for those with perfect credit scores вЂ“ you can still access credit when you have a few negative marks on your file. Find out what you need to do to get a loan with bad credit.
When you have bad credit a no credit check payday loan might be able to help you secure that cash you need to get through to next payday.
If you are in need of a loan up to $2,000 then a Cash Converters Personal Loan may be for you. You can apply if you have bad credit or receive Centrelink payments and you'll have up to 12 months to repay the loan.
Need a loan but are worry whether you'll be approved? Find out what you need to know about guaranteed* personal loans and what loans might be available. Bad credit and Centrelink applicants considered.
How much a fortnight on $2000?
Your repayment terms and eligibility will be discussed collectively upon application by your prospect lender.
You may click “Go to Site” green button of your chosen to proceed with your application.
Hope this helps.
Hi there I need a loan up to 4,000 I have ok credit rating but don’t seem to be anyone who wants to give me one can you recommend any loaners that might help I am employed full time
At present, if you have clean record with your credit history you may want to consider the available options here.
I hope this information has helped.
can i get a 5000 loan with a bad credit rateing
Thanks for your question.
The lenders on the page above may consider you for a loan, subject to other eligibility criteria.
Please make sure to read the terms and conditions of the loan product you are interested in before submitting your application.
Hi! I would like to know if it is possible for me to get a $7,000-$10,000 loan (or car loan) on a Centrelink income. I know I will be able to afford the repayments but which bank would consider me?
Will I get approved for this loan?
Thank you for your inquiry.
If you want to check your eligibility for a loan, please review the criteria set out by the lender. You can click on the ‘Go to site’ button above if you’re eligible and you wish to apply. I also suggest that you contact the lender directly to discuss your chances of approval.
Thank you for your inquiry.
There are lenders that will consider lending to you if you’re receiving Centrelink payments. Please note that your eligibility for a loan and the amount that they lend to you will depend on the amount you earn, whether or not youвЂ™re employed and your credit history. You can take a look at the lenders and your options on this link and see if you meet the eligibility criteria.
I hope this helps.
Hello, i’m in need of an $8000.00 loan for a deposit on a truck. The truck is $70,000.00 and have finance for $62,000.00 but that lender requires the truck as security.
I have a contract for work for the truck earning $3000-4000pw and could easily make $300pw repayments.
However, as i don’t have the truck yet i am not working and on Centrelink benefits, though i could have the truck working in a week if i have the money. Only have one blemish on my credit rating and don’t currently owe any money. Current assets are a car worth $3000.00 and a few grand in other assets. is there anyone that would be able to help?
You can find lenders that consider bad credit applicants for loans up to $10,000 on this page, but it’s important to keep in mind that your current financial situation will be taken into account when you’re being considered for a loan. The lender will be able to see that you have a large loan already and no employment (as of yet), and while you have upcoming employment it will be your current financial situation that is considered.
You should contact the lenders prior to applying to see your chances of being approved.
Hope this helps,
I have a default on my credit report that’s I never paid, it’s been 5 years tomorrow (10/10/11). Will it disappear from my credit file and would I be able to apply for a loan straight away? I’m in need of $5000, I have a full time job but I think my credit rating is only 400.
Thanks in advance.
Veda automatically removes default listings on or before the expiry date. To be sure the listing has been removed, you can order a free copy of your credit file (it takes 10 days to arrive) or pay a fee to receive it overnight. This way you can be sure whether or not the listing has been removed, and request it be removed by Veda if it hasn’t.
Lenders will see an updated copy of your credit file when they check your credit so only the current listings will be taken into account.
Hope this helps,
I’m living and working in Western Australia..
I’m in 820 visa but I’ll get my permanent resident in February next year so I really need A$6000 to pay off my wedding..
Which lenders that suitable for me?
There is a range of lenders that might consider you for a loan as a temporary resident. You can compare your options on this page.
I hope this helps,
Hi I am interested in purchasing a vehicle that I have already found for my business I’ve just become a contractor with a large phone company and I need the van and I’m asking because I have bad credit and not able to finance it.Wondering if I’ll be able to get a loan my credit score is low but I’ll be able to pay it back within a couple months.
You can consider some of your loan options on the page above вЂ“ these lenders (in the bad credit section) will consider you for a loan with a low credit score. The minimum criteria are listed on each review page so you can click through and check if you meet these before you apply. You’ll usually need to show evidence of a steady income for at least three months in the form of your bank statements.
I hope this helps,
Hi Sir/Madam, i am from India i am a full time forex trader and this is also my living business, i am also a software developer and being a developer whatever software needed for my trade i develops by my own.
Complete one year of my researched on the main hedging/banking trading strategy i gets a handsome profits all the time with a 0.99% of risk.
But to make it live this strategy needs about USD 30000 of investment so it may give me round about $500/day, i am saying this based on one year of demo account’s status.
Can you please suggest who or which company may help me in this region?
Hope for positive reply…
The lenders on this page only consider current residents of Australia. If you’re looking for international investment you’ll need to get in contact with a private investor or a lender in India that can offer the loan in US dollars.
I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance,
hi, I want to establish business but I don’t know can I get your services in Tanzania?
Unfortunately these loans are only available to current residents of Australia. You’ll need to find a lender in Tanzania to finance your business.
Sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance,
What company has the best lending deals?
I can’t advise on which lender is “the best” as the best loan for you will depend on your needs and situation. I’d advise you to compare your options above and find which loan best meets your needs, and find a loan you’re eligible for and that you want to apply for. If you find one you can click “Go to Site” to submit your application.
I hope this helps,
Disclaimer - Hive Empire Pty Ltd (trading as finder.com.au, ABN: 18 118 785 121) provides factual information, general advice and services on financial products as a Corporate Authorised Representative (432664) of Advice Evolution Pty Ltd AFSL 342880. Please refer to our FSG - Financial Products. We also provide general advice on credit products under our own Credit Licence ACL 385509. Please refer to our Credit Guide for more information. We can also provide you with general advice and factual information on about a range of other products, services and providers. We are also a Corporate Authorised Representative of Countrywide Tolstrup Financial Services Group Pty Ltd. ABN 51 586 953 292 AFSL 244436 for the provision of general insurance products. Please refer to our FSG - General Insurance. We hope that the information and general advice we can provide will help you make a more informed decision. We are not owned by any Bank or Insurer and we are not a product issuer or a credit provider. Although we cover a wide range of products, providers and services we don't cover every product, provider or service available in the market so there may be other options available to you. We also don't recommend specific products, services or providers. If you decide to apply for a product or service through our website you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product or service and not with us. We endeavour to ensure that the information on this site is current and accurate but you should confirm any information with the product or service provider and read the information they can provide. If you are unsure you should get independent advice before you apply for any product or commit to any plan. (c) 2017.
3rd party images are copyright by their respective owners © All other content copyright 2017 by finder.com.au
Important information about this website
finder.com.au is one of Australia's leading comparison websites. We compare from a wide set of major banks, insurers and product issuers.
finder.com.au has access to track details from the product issuers listed on our sites. Although we provide information on the products offered by a wide range of issuers, we don't cover every available product. You should consider whether the products featured on our site are appropriate for your needs and seek independent advice if you have any questions.
The identification of a group of products, as 'Top' or 'Best' is a reflection of user preferences based on current website data. On a regular basis, analytics drive the creation of a list of popular products. Where these products are grouped, they appear in no particular order.
Where our site links to particular products or displays 'Go to site' buttons, we may receive a commission, referral fee or payment.
We try to take an open and transparent approach and provide a broad based comparison service. However, you should be aware that while we are an independently owned service, our comparison service does not include all providers or all products available in the market.
Some product issuers may provide products or offer services through multiple brands, associated companies or different labelling arrangements. This can make it difficult for consumers to compare alternatives or identify the companies behind the products. However, we aim to provide information to enable consumers to understand these issues.
Providing or obtaining an estimated insurance quote through us does not guarantee you can get the insurance. Acceptance by insurance companies is based on things like occupation, health and lifestyle. By providing you with the ability to apply for a credit card or loan we are not guaranteeing that your application will be approved. Your application for credit products is subject to the Provider's terms and conditions as well as their application and lending criteria.