- 1 Instant Approval Store Credit Cards
- 2 Shopping Cart Trick for Credit Cards [2017 Guide + Update]
Instant Approval Store Credit Cards
Credit cards from department stores and specialty retailers commonly offer instant approval. They want you to buy, buy, buy — today if possible, which means many of these are instant credit cards offering immediate use:
- Fingerhut – Long-running catalog/online store is known for its instant credit. “Apply Today, Buy Today” is one message you’ll find on their site. Offers everything from electronics to furniture to clothing and jewelry in its catalog.
- Amazon.com Rewards Visa – “The majority of applications are responded to in less than 60 seconds.” If you are approved for instant credit, you’ll immediately start getting a 3% rebate on Amazon.com purchases, plus a 2% rebate on gas, restaurant and drug store purchases, and a 1% rebate on everything else. (5% back on Amazon purchases if you are a paid Prime member.) Rebates awarded as points toward cash back, gift cards, or credit toward Amazon.com purchases.
- Amazon.com Store Card – This instant approval card (“decision in as little as 15 seconds”) is only accepted at Amazon, and its selling point is that it offers you special 0% financing on larger Amazon purchases. Note that if you are an Amazon Prime customer, you can also upgrade the card after approval and then get 5% off all Amazon purchases.
- Apple Rewards Visa – Finance your Apple product purchases with this instant credit card that will usually give you an answer “in as little as 30 seconds” on your application. Get that instant approval and you can immediately use it on your Apple store purchases.
- Belk Credit Card – Department store credit card offers the chance at instant approval and 15% to 20% off your purchases on the day you opn the card and are approved.
- Best Buy Credit Card – Major electronics and appliance superstore offers a number of Visa and store-only cards you can get approved for instantly — and use online today. Offers a rewards program and/or special financing on your purchases.
- Cabela’s Visa – Outdoor store offers a credit card that earns you points in the Cabela’s Club loyalty rewards program. May approve you instantly but note that you will have to wait for the card to arrive by mail before you can actually start using it.
- GAP Credit Card – This instant approval card is actually good at the other GAP family stores, too — Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta. Offers a rewards program that gives $5 in rewards for every 500 points you earn, and you’ll get 20% off your first purchase with the card.
- Home Depot Credit Card – Home improvement store credit card changes the language on its application often, but not long ago we saw the message “receive an immediate response – get instant credit if you qualify!” Offers 0% financing on certain large purchases and low interest financing on others. The everyday interest rate could be as high as 26.99%, though, so be careful.
- JCPenney Credit Card – Major department store chain offers instant approval and immediate use — you’ll even get 15% off your first online order when accepted, and you can pair that with other discounts or coupons you may have.
- Kohl’s Charge – Offers instant approval to those who qualify; some applications may take longer to approve or reject. If you are approved today, you can take 25% off your first purchase with the card.
- L.L. Bean Visa – If you apply for this outdoor store card today and are instantly approved, you’ll get 15% off today’s purchases. Earn 3% rewards on L.L. Bean purchases and 1% in rewards on all other card purchases. Every time you reach $10 in rewards, you get a $10 L.L. Bean rewards coupon.
- Macy’s Credit Card – Department store credit card offers instant approval and instant usage — in fact, you’ll get 20% off most purchases on the day you are approved and the next day, too. Offers a Macy’s store-only credit card online; you can apply for a Macy’s American Express card in store.
- Neiman Marcus Credit Card – High-end store card offers instant approval and the ability to use the card today. In fact, you’ll get 5,000 bonus points (worth $50 in future purchases) if you are instantly approved and use the card to make a purchase today.
- Nordstrom Credit Card – If approved, you can “start shopping right away” with the Nordstrom Visa or retail store credit card. If you spend at least $100 with the card the day you are approved, you’ll get a bonus $20 Note (gift certificate) toward a future Nordstrom purchase.
- Overstock MasterCard – “Apply. Be Approved. Use your card in as little as 60 seconds.” This online store’s credit card gives you a $40 statement credit after you are approved and use the card for the first time, and you can earn ongoing Overstock rewards anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
- TJX Rewards Credit Cards – Store credit card of TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, and Sierra Trading Post encourages you to “open an account today.” You’ll earn rewards on all card purchases. Note that you could be approved for a TJX MasterCard (accepted anywhere MasterCard is accepted) or a TJX store card (accepted only at TJX stores).
- Ulta Beauty Credit Card – You may be instantly approved for this credit card, but you can only use it inside an Ulta store (not online) until you’ve actually received the physical credit card in the mail.
- Walmart Credit Cards – Get approved instantly for a Walmart MasterCard or store-only credit card and you’ll get a $25 discount on any purchases you make today, as long as you spend at least $75.
Fingerhut – “Apply Today, Buy Today” if you are instantly approved for the credit card from this famous catalog retailer. Fingerhut is “here to give you credit to help you buy what you need.”
Shopping Cart Trick for Credit Cards [2017 Guide + Update]
The shopping cart trick, also known as the soft pull trick, is a clever method that allows people with bad credit to get a credit card. The shopping cart trick relies on the fact that many websites will pre-approve you for a credit card during the checkout process without actually checking your score. This means you can get a card without a “hard pull” (which damages your score) and also means you can still get a card with bad credit. This guide will show you step by step how to do the shopping cart trick so you can build your credit score and get back on the right path.
FEB 2017 UPDATE: Trick is still working! Changed around the list a bit to stay current.
Things to Know Before You Try the Shopping Cart Trick
- You must be opted in for credit card offers. If you have never submitted the form to opt out, you can probably skip this step. If you have ever received a promotion in the mail, chances are you are opted in which is perfect. Change your status to opt-in at this website: https://www.optoutprescreen.com/. This has to be done for the shopping cart trick to work.
- Turn off your popup blocker or anti-spam tool. The offers for credit cards will be appearing on your screen during the checkout screen, and if your popup blocker is off, you won’t be able to see the preapproval offer. You can always turn it back on after you get the cards you want.
- Don’t enter your full social security #. If the shopping cart trick works, you should only have to input the LAST 4 DIGITS of your social. If you have to enter the full social, it will result in a hard pull and you may be denied the card. Just keep that in mind.
- Works with all credit. As far as I know, the shopping cart trick is the only method that allows you to get a credit card with any credit score. I’ve seen people with a 350 score get a credit card this way!
- Only works with Comenity Bank. You’d be surprised with how many stores use Comenity bank for their credit cards. You can find a list of comenity bank store credit cards below.
- Credit Cards are only one factor in obtaining a high credit score. If you have unfairly reported derogatory marks on your credit history (such as inaccurate late payments, collection accounts, bankruptcies, etc), it’s probably worth it to use a third party company to work to get these unfair negatives removed. Doing so can help raise your credit score. I suggest Lexington Law due to their great track record of success.
The following stores have a comenity store credit card offer, and have been tested to work with the shopping cart trick. To start, select a few off the list that you want, and save the websites for later. I always recommend only focusing on three sites at a time, and if they fail, moving on to three more.
Overstock (Be careful with your social on this one! Only enter last 4!)
How to Do the Shopping Cart Trick (Step by Step)
- Clear your browser history, cookies, and cache. You must do this before trying the shopping cart trick. If you’re using Chrome, you can open a new window in incognito mode to bypass this step. Just hold Ctrl+Shift+N to open a new window without cookies or history.
- Go to the site you want the credit card from and create a new account. Most of the time you can find the create account link at the top of the page. You want to enter your email address, phone number, and mailing address. Remember to use the same info you would find on your credit report. Confirm your email if you have to. Always make sure you subscribe to emails (sometimes they send you the preapproval letter via email!).
- Add a few items to your shopping cart. I’ve had the most luck putting around $100 in the cart with multiple items. You can always change it if you don’t get the offer right away. Try $100 first, then $50, then $150. Those are usually the best options to start with.
- Continue to checkout. Act as if you’re going to buy all the items. Go to the checkout page and type in all of your billing information. Give it a second and type slowly. Don’t use autofill to put in your info (for whatever reason this will stop the method from working). Don’t buy the items or click the final submit button.
- Wait for the comenity bank pre approval popup. If you did this correctly, a popup like this one will appear offering you a credit card! If it asks you for the last four of your social, you know the shopping cart trick worked.
- Rinse and repeat. Grab as many cards as you like! If it doesn’t work right away, check your email in the next few days. You can also try multiple sites to build your overall credit line.
There are a few stores that work best with the shopping cart trick. Most people report that the Victoria’s Secret comenity credit cart gives a high chance of showing up, and I know the Express card popped up for me quickly as well. Buckle gives out a lot of cards through comenity bank as well so the shopping cart trick should work good for that one. Those are going to be the easiest comenity cards to get. Like I said before, pick three that you want and try them a few times. If they don’t show, make sure your popup blocker is off. When all else fails try three more until you get one!
Guaranteed Approval Credit Cards
Many people say that 100% approval credit cards don’t exist, but there are a few that actually do work. I had a score in the 400s until I found the Horizon Gold Card that preapproved me quickly and offered me a $500 credit limit. Before this card, I wasn’t able to get any card whatsoever. Of course once I got this card and started building my credit, I was getting offers left and right!
Another option is the Luxe Signature Card. This card is another guaranteed approval that offers a $1500 limit! I suggest picking up the Horizon Gold card and this one as well. Using two cards at once can boost your score quickly.
Getting cards with the shopping cart trick will definitely boost your score a good deal, but if you want to reach your credit score goals, you’re going to have to follow a whole system. The truth is that credit cards can help your credit score, but there are other factors that heavily weigh into how that score is calculated. You’re going to have to attack your bad credit from all angles if you wan’t to have major results.
I created a free guide showing how I took my score from absolute trash (mid 400s) to where it is now (over 750). In fact, by using the methods laid out in the guide, most people are able to boost their credit score 100 points in 30 days!
You can access the free guide here.
To summarize, the shopping cart trick is a great way to get a credit card without actually having a hard pull on your report. It can also help someone with bad credit get approved for a card that they normally wouldn’t be able to get. Remember my tips! If you don’t get the popup, go to the next one. Try again at a later date if you have to. The truth is that this method works if you want to get a card but have bad credit, and I’m a living testament to that. Best of luck! Make sure to post your results in the comments and share any other tricks you might have with the soft pull method.
314 Responses to “Shopping Cart Trick for Credit Cards [2017 Guide + Update]”
Hi, it’s worked for me..but not for my husband or daughter. could it be because they both have middle initials?
That could definitely be the reason. I would suggest pulling their credit reports and seeing how their names appear. I see a lot of people’s names getting spelled wrong or not having the correct middle initials. You must submit the info exactly how it appears on the credit reports. You can pull your scores for free at http://shoppingcarttrick.net/go/score-finder/ or you can also pay around $60 for a credit report from all three companies directly as well if you prefer. Good luck!
I have only been successful with VS. The hard part I am seeing conflicting information at different places as to which credit report the companies pull from. Very frustrating as I really need a couple more to get my score up. Thank you all in advance for any extra advice!
I did he shopping cart trick for 4 stores. Did last 4 of SSN and DOB and all it keeps saying is we will notify you in 7-10 days while we review your application. I had the Chex Systems freeze but I have it temporarily lifted now and I still have yet to receive anything. It’s going on 3 weeks without a letter or card in the mail. It only works with my address from 1990 but I update my personal information once I get the pop up. So I don’t know what I’m doing wrong because I always get the pop up.
The same thing happened to me. The thing is that you have to enter the address that got you the pre approval in order for it to work. I never got the letter and mine was declined because of the address difference.
I recently had to clean up my personal information on my credit reports. There was duplicate addresses, addresses I never lived at, and addressee that were missing like a letter or number.
Today I tried the shopping cart trick with my current address and it worked perfectly. I got VS and NYC. So either use the address that got you the preapproval or get your reports cleaned up.
I have VS… it popped up for me before I knew anything about the SCT but now it is not working at all. I cleared my cookies and cache… I tried overstock, express, ny&company, buckle, and venus and no luck… Idk what I’m doing wrong
Try using Chrome’s Incognito mode. I tried for Express without it and nothing, then I went through the Incognito mode and it worked. You also may need to use a different e-mail.
I have tried everything to get this to work. Have even cleared cookies/cache etc. Tried two differen email accts and still nothing. Best part is, my credit score is between 650-700. I walk into VS, got approved immediately. Although Target and Walmart aren’t Comenity, I got Instant Credit on both of those as well.
Now, just determined to get this to work!
how did you do target i followed step by step but when i go to check out the pop up too apply doesnt show\
Target is not a part of comenity bank.
lemme fuck wit you tammy sexy ass
Target and walmart did u do olive or in person
The Walmart store card when I was there shopping they only asked for my last 4 of my social and it was instantly approved $3,500
Hello, did you apply on your own or did they offer at the register
Your information has to be entered just as it is on your credit report. No exceptions
OMG I’ve been trying for a month more and FINALLY got Simplybe too tonight. Thank you so much
Bath and Body works is not working for me. When I went to the payment screen, there was not an option for a store credit card at all. They possibly don’t use them any longer?
Hi Tangee. If I remember correctly, Bath and Body Works uses the Victoria’s Secret card. You might have to try it on the VS website and see if you can get the card that way.
They take Victoria Secret cards at Bath and Body Works.