starwood business card
- No blackout dates.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints for every dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts participating in the SPG program - that's 2 Starpoints per dollar spent on the Card in addition to the Starpoints you get as a Starwood Preferred Guest member.
- Earn 1 Starpoint for every eligible dollar spent everywhere else.
- Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,300 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Purchase APR: 16.24% - 20.24% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: N/A
- Cash Advance Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- APR for Cash Advances: 26.24% (Prime Rate+ 21.99%)
- Penalty APR: 29.99% (Prime Rate+ 25.99%)
- Returned Payment Fee: $38
Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express Review
Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express:
Bonus: 25,000 Starwood Preferred Guest bonus points when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months.
$95 annual fee waived the first year.
Analysis: This is the standard bonus on the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express.
- 25,000 Starpoints may not sound like much, but it is! The reason is that these points are the most flexible of all (they transfer to many partner airlines) and this credit card is the single best way to collect a bunch of them.
- First year annual fee is waived
- Great hotel redemption value for SPG properties.
- “Points and cash” option to save on hotel stays.
- “Nights and flights” deals can offer great value when booking flights and Starwood hotels together.
- 5th night free on all redemptions (on 5+ nights) Category 3 and above.
- 25% transfer bonus when transferring to an airline partner in increments of 20,000.
- $95 yearly fee after the first year.
- Historically this bonus has increased to 30,000 points once per year
Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the listings that appear on this website are from companies which we compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products.
Disclaimer: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program. TravelMiles101.com makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. TravelMiles101.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
Starwood Preferred Guest ® Business Credit Card from American Express
Advertiser Disclosure: The credit card offers that appear on this site are from credit card companies from which cardbenefit.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Cardbenefit.com does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Disclosure on User Generated Content: The responses on our site are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints®. Offer ends September 3, 2013.
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints after your First Purchase on the Card and another 20,000 after you make $5,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 6 months of Cardmembership.
- Earn 1 Starpoint for each dollar of eligible purchases.
- Earn more Starpoints for stays.
- Redeem Starpoints for free flights on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights with no blackout dates.
- 0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65.
- Terms and limitations apply.
Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card is designed for business owners having good or excellent credit. It's a low interest credit card with special focus on those businesses requiring employees to travel frequently.
- 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts participating in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program
- 1 Starpoint® for each dollar of eligible purchases
American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card
American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card
American Express and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. launch the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card for small business owners and the enhanced Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card for consumers.
Cardmembers can take advantage of greater benefits and richer rewards, making it easier than ever for consumers, and now small business owners, to earn free nights at more than 825 Starwood hotels and resorts around the world and award flights with more than 30 airline partners.
Credit Card Features:
10,000 Starpoints bonus with first purchase ? enough for up to three free nights(1)
Double Starpoints on stays at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts and purchases at select Starwood retail outlets, such as Bliss Spa and more(2)
Automatic upgrade to Gold Preferred Guest membership status by spending $ 30,000 on the Card in each calendar year. Access to private sales with select Starwood retail outlets.
The new Business Card incorporates all of the improved benefits of the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card, as well as programs and services tailored specifically to the needs of small business owners, including the OPEN Savings(SM) program which was designed specifically for small businesses and gives automatic discounts on purchases at OPEN Savings(3) partners, such as Delta, FedEx Kinko’s and JetBlue. In addition, the Business Card provides expense management reporting, an online spend tracking system and spending limits on additional cards that aid in better managing employee spending.
Credit Card Benefits:
One (1) Starpoint for every eligible dollar spent on the Card
Redeem Starpoints at over 825 participating Starwood hotels and resorts in 95 countries with no black out dates? if there’s a standard room it’s yours.
Transfer Starpoints to over 30 frequent flyer programs, most on a one-to-one basis
Receive 5,000 Starpoint bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to miles(4)
First year fee-free, and $ 30 annual fee thereafter; fee-free additional cards
Automatic enrollment as a Starwood Preferred Plus member
Receive a 50% off certificate, good towards a Starwood hotel stay, upon Card approval and annual renewal
No limit on the amount of Starpoints a Cardmember can earn
Competitive Introductory purchase Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for six (6) months
Retail and travel protections such as Global Assist, Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance, Purchase Protection Insurance, Travel Accident Insurance, American Express Card Baggage Insurance, Buyers Assurance Plan, Express Cash Emergency Card Replacement, Emergency Check Cashing, and 24-hour customer service.
The new Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card and enhancement to the Consumer Card are an expansion of the existing relationship between Starwood and American Express. The new Cards make it easier than ever for consumers and small business owners to quickly earn exceptional travel rewards through spending on their cards. Starwood and American Express have enjoyed a strong cobranded card partnership since 1996, when American Express first launched the ITT Sheraton ClubMiles Card.
Credit Card Benefits Eligibility Requirements:
(1) To be eligible to receive 10,000 bonus Starpoints, you must make your first purchase with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card within one year of Card approval. Bonus Points will appear on your Starwood Preferred Guest statement 8-12 weeks after your first purchase. Bonus Starpoints are for first-time Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Cardmembers only. You may have more than one Starwood Preferred Guest account, however, if you have or had any such account you are not eligible to receive bonus Starpoints you may be offered for any other such account.
(2) You will receive one additional Starpoint for each U.S. dollar of Eligible Spending charged on your Card Account at Starwood branded hotels and resorts then participating in the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program, and at stand-along retail establishments and on-line stores that, in each case, are wholly-owned by Starwood Hotels and resorts Worldwide, Inc.
(3) OPEN Savings(SM): Payment must be made with an American Express Business Card. Savings will be credited to your American Express Business Card billing statement. All savings referenced are in addition to any offers made by participating companies. Participation and offers are subject to change without notice. Terms and conditions apply.
(4) A 5,000 Starpoint bonus is based on airlines with a 1 Starpoint to 1 mile conversion rate; equivalent bonus will be awarded in accordance with other airline conversion rates.
All rights reserved. Article may be reprinted as long as the content remains intact and unchanged and all links remain active.