- 1 Worldwide Car Hire Excess Insurance
- 2 Worldwide Car Hire Excess Insurance Cover
- 3 Worldwide Car Hire Excess Insurance Exclusions
- 4 Worldwide Car Hire Excess Insurance Policy Documents
- 5 Rental Car Insurance Tips & Resources
- 6 3 Tips to Finding Cheap Car Insurance for Travelers
Worldwide Car Hire Excess Insurance
Where’s next on your travel list? Australia? New Zealand? India? Worldwide car hire excess protection is designed for our more intrepid travellers. Cover just yourself or choose our family and partners policy to insure a second lead driver. This will enable you to travel separately or rent two cars at the same time.
Worldwide Car Hire Excess Insurance Cover
- Excess on damage and theft up to £6,500 per year
- Covers damage to the windows, undercarriage, roof, tyres and headlights not otherwise covered by damage waivers from car hire companies
- Multilingual international emergency assistance – just text “HELP”. Find out more.
- Towing costs associated with mechanical breakdown
- Damage caused by using the wrong type of fuel: up to £500 per claim and £2,000 per year
- UK car club rentals and courtesy cars
- Up to 60 days per rental
- Car rental key cover up to £500 per claim and up to £2,000 per year
- You (the policyholder), plus up to seven additional drivers named on your rental agreement
- Drivers aged 21 to 85 years old (inclusive)
- Buy now, start your policy up to 364 days
- Family and Partners policy allows two policy holders, who must be family members (defined as spouse, partner, parent, brother, sister, adult child or fiancée), travelling together or separatelyOur standard policy covers up to 7 additional drivers who are covered provided they are named on the rental agreement. If you think that the lead policy holder may not be present on all journeys, our friends and family product allows you to add an additional lead driver to the policy giving you greater flexibility without buying more than one policy.
- Flat battery cover up to £1,000 per year
- Late pick up charges due to an unscheduled flight delay
Worldwide Car Hire Excess Insurance Exclusions
- Rentals for longer than 60 days
- Vehicles more than 10 years old
- Vehicles worth more than £120,000
- Commercial vehicles, motorbikes, camper vans, mobile homes or vans with more than nine seats. To insure van hire visit insuremyvanhire.com
- Accidental damage to the interior or contents of the vehicle caused by general wear and tear or carriage of animals
- Where expenses are assumed, waived or paid by the car rental company or agency or car club company or its insurer
- Policyholders who are not residents of the UK, The Channel Islands , The Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Republic of Ireland or Germany
- Where the rental vehicle is being driven by persons who are not named on the rental agreement
- Where damage is the result of driving whilst on an un-made up road which is not designated as a public thoroughfare.
- *Excludes car hire in or through Afghanistan, Belarus, Cuba, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Liberia, North Korea, Myanmar, Sudan and Zimbabwe
- Costs associated with mechanical breakdown (Except exterior damage and towing costs)
Please view the policy document for full details on benefits and exclusions
Worldwide Car Hire Excess Insurance Policy Documents
Where’s next on your travel list? Australia? New Zealand? India? With our worldwide car rental excess insurance, you can get out and explore just about every corner of the globe*. Our worldwide annual car excess policy covers you for up to 60 days at a time allowing you to plan some amazing road trips across countries and really see the best of what they have to offer.
Is someone close to you hiring a car and going off on an adventure of their own? Our Worldwide Family and Partners policy allows one another person to hire a car separately but still be insured in the same insurance4carhire.com policy. This policy is also a great money saver if you need to hire two cars while you're away.
Not only is it cheaper to insure with insurance4carhire compared with the excess waivers offered by car hire companies, we also offer cover for more scenarios. For example, our cover will reimburse you if damage is caused to the undercarriage of the car or if you put the wrong fuel in the tank. Car hire excess waivers do not normally cover these scenarios.
Rental Car Insurance Tips & Resources
Rental car insurance can be confusing, complicated and costly. So do you really need car rental insurance? That’s a question we hear often from travelers. The answer is yes — and no.
In most cases, you don’t need all the different kinds of rental car insurance that the rental company pushes you to buy. However, there’s one type of insurance you should get: a collision damage waiver, which covers costs associated with rental car damage or theft. It’s smart to buy a collision damage waiver before renting a car, because you can save money and avoid aggressive upsells. The Rental Car Damage Protector from Allianz Global Assistance provides up to $40,000 in coverage for just $9 per day — and, with few exceptions, covers you anywhere in the world.
In this resource guide, we help you understand if you need rental car insurance and share our best tips for saving money and driving safely overseas. Travel happy!
The Four Types of Rental Car Insurance, Explained
Here it comes across the counter: the contract you have to sign to get your. More »
Should I Get Rental Car Insurance
Renting a car is expensive, so many people are tempted to skip the optional. More »
The Pros and Cons of Credit Card Rental Car Insurance
Many popular credit cards include a hidden benefit: insurance that automatically. More »
Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Please see the Certificate of Insurance/Policy, during the check-out process, for full details.
*CDI coverage, except when purchased as a separate policy, is not available to TX residents.
Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakbrook Terrace, IL), rated "A-9quot; (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series or 52.401 series, or Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated "A+9quot; (Superior) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 101-C series or 101-P series, depending on the insured's state of residence. Plans may not be available to residents of all states. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company. Contact AGA Service Company at 800-284-8300 or 9950 Mayland Drive, Richmond, VA 23233 or [email protected]llianzassistance.com.
Allianz Global Assistance © . All rights reserved
3 Tips to Finding Cheap Car Insurance for Travelers
People should have adequate car insurance coverage in case of an accident. Therefore, it is a person’s obligation to take his time when deciding so as to avoid unnecessary loses. It is easy to get the best insurance coverage if you understand your need and aware of your financial status. One should consider the following so as to get the best car insurance policy.
Enter your ZIP code in our car insurance comparison tool for cheap car insurance quotes for FREE!
Go Through Several Options
You could save hundreds of dollars in a year if you do a bit of comparison on insurance quotes. Make a call or visit the local insurance firms to find out the available offers on car insurance policies. It’s always a good idea ask questions regarding the price and the available discounts that you may be entitled to with a given policy. Take notes on all the insurance quotes you have available.
The other thing one should do is an online search on different insurance comparison web pages. The beauty about the online search is that, just buy filling a form with the required details one get to receive several insurance quotes. Comparing multiple car insurance quotes is the key to finding cheap car insurance rates.
Go through as many as you can, and take notes as well because the higher the number of insurance quotes you have, the greater your chances of settling for the best deal on insurance policies. Compare online and the local insurance quotes before you make any decisions.
You should also ask a friend or a family member about their insurers. Get all the recommendations and warnings you need to know before he you make any decision to be sure not to get any unbiased opinion.
Determine How Much Coverage is Needed
One should begin by thinking of how much coverage he needs so as to settle for the best auto insurance policy. This is normally different in every state, so one should take his or her time to find out the amount of coverage that is required in his or her area of residence. One will also need to be in touch with insurance laws and regulations in a given state.
Knowing what is required, helps you determine what you need. A number of people are extremely cautions, in the sense that they picture themselves in the worst case scenarios and insurance firms enjoy that. Insurance firms are in a risk business, and as policyholders, they understand the chances of a car being involved in an accident, and also the chances of a car being damaged or stolen.
Insurance firms will put together all the information they have collected into actuarial tables and allow adjustors to have a look at the probability of any occurrence. Since you are not in possession of these tools, at times, it is better to provide room for a certain level of risk.
Insurance professionals recommend that when you have a number of assets, you should get adequate liability coverage to be able to protect them. For example, if you have $50,000 of bodily injury liability coverage but with $100,000 in personal asset. In the event, that you are at fault in an accident, the attorney of the other party can go after you for the $50,000 in medical bills that were not included in the policy.
Most often suggestions for liability limits are $50,000 bodily injury liability for one person injured in an accident, $100,000 that is for any person injured in an accident and $250,000 property damage which is normally written as 50/100/25.In this case use your financial position as your guide. If you have no assets for an attorney can seek, then do not be tempted to buy unnecessary coverage’s.
Your driving behavior may also be a factor in establishing the coverage you need. In the event, that your history is full of crumple fenders, lead foot or if you commute on wayward winding roads on a daily basis, then it might be a good idea to get complete coverage.
Collision coverage only pays for damages that your car experiences in the event of an accident, damage or from pumping into an inanimate object such as light post, tree or even a fence. Comprehensive coverage deals with damages that do not result from a collision that is theft, flood or fire.
However, you do not have to buy comprehensive and collision coverage. For instance, if you have an older vehicle, with a clean driving history and there is an exceptionally slim chance that your car will be totaled in an accident, but with high chances of being stolen. Then you can buy a comprehensive coverage and leave out the collision insurance.
Look for Discounts
Finally, when you are making a call to local insurance firms and shopping online, ensure that you exhaust all the options with regard to discounts. Insurance firms offer discounts for things like clean driving record, your car safety of security equipment and other professional affiliations.
There are firms that also give discounts in the event that you enroll in pay as you drive plans, with significant discounts for young drivers in a family who have a grade point averages. You should also think of using the same insurance firm for home policies, that will is also another way of getting better prices.
The best and fastest way to find cheap car insurance for travelers is to enter your ZIP code below!