Chase and United Launch United MileagePlus ® Club Card
The Only Card to Offer Full United Club Membership, Premier Access SM travel services and 50 percent more miles on purchases
The United MileagePlus Club Card from Chase (Graphic: Business Wire)
The United MileagePlus Club Card from Chase (Graphic: Business Wire)
WILMINGTON, Del.--( BUSINESS WIRE )--Today, Chase Card Services, a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. [NYSE: JPM] and United Airlines introduced the all-new United MileagePlus ® Club Card. The card includes full United Club membership, Premier Access SM travel services, a 50 percent mileage bonus on purchases and more.
“Our best customers place tremendous value on premium travel benefits,” said David Gold, general manager, Chase Card Services. “The United MileagePlus Club Card is the only card to offer unparalleled privileges including membership to the United Club, Premier Access, the first two checked bags free and no foreign transaction fees. The benefits continue outside the airport, where cardmembers have access to a variety of unique, exclusive events and complimentary services.”
United MileagePlus Club cardmembers will be able to earn miles even faster by using the card. Unlike typical cards that earn only one mile per $1 spent the United MileagePlus Club Card offers 100 percent more when purchasing United tickets (2 miles/$1 of spend) and 50 percent more on everything else (1.5 miles/$1 of spend). Plus, as long as someone remains a MileagePlus Club cardmember, miles earned in the MileagePlus program don’t expire.
As part of United Club membership, cardmembers receive complimentary access to more than 50 United Club locations and to participating Star Alliance® affiliated lounges around the globe. United Club locations feature complimentary snacks and beverages, comfortable chairs, free Wi-Fi and other amenities.
Cardmembers will also enjoy Premier Access travel services including priority check-in, security (where available), boarding and baggage handling. Cardmembers who purchase tickets directly from United using the MileagePlus Club Card will have standard bag fees waived for the first and second checked bags for up to two people in a reservation. MileagePlus Premier members traveling on an award ticket are eligible for unlimited complimentary United First ® upgrades on domestic United-operated flights. In addition, cardmembers can redeem MileagePlus miles for any available seat, any time, on any United flight, with no restrictions and no blackout dates. If the seat is available, cardmembers can redeem it with miles at the MileagePlus Standard Award level.
Beyond the many premium travel benefits on United, the MileagePlus Club Card offers:
- No foreign transaction fees: The MileagePlus Club Card has no foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the United States and offers travel and purchase protection.
- Book award seats close to your departure date without a fee: Book award seats 21 days or less prior to departure and the fee is waived. This benefit is reserved only for certain United MileagePlus cardmembers and certain Premier levels.
- Dedicated U.S.-based customer service and personalized concierge
- ElitePlatinum status in the Hyatt Gold Passport ® global loyalty program and a special program with Avis.
- Enrollment inInside Access from Chase: Inside Access allows cardmembers to enjoy access to the best in concerts, Broadway performances and culinary events; the opportunity to meet and mingle with industry notables; and even behind-the-scenes views into the world of professional sports and high fashion.
- The Luxury Hotel and Resorts Collection: Cardmembers also receive benefits such as complimentary breakfast and room upgrades at more than 700 hotels worldwide when they book with their card.
The United MileagePlus Club Card is the new premium card in the United card lineup and provides similar benefits to the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus Card SM . The Continental Presidential Plus Card is now named the United MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card SM and continues to maintain the existing benefits of that card. Cardmembers will receive a new Presidential Plus card in the next few months.
About United Continental Holdings, Inc.
united mileage plus chase card
- Miles can be redeemed for flights, hotel stays, shopping, dining and more.
- Flight Redemption: The United MileagePlus® program lets users book travel on both United and their Star Alliance partner airlines. You can also use their award points to travel on a myriad of other airlines, including Air China, Air New Zealand and US Airways. The point cost for United flights varies by whether it is a "Saver" or a "Standard." Saver awards are available for a limited number of seats per flight, while Standard awards enable you to fly whenever seats are available for the flight and class of service you want.
- Hotel Redemption: The MileagePlus® program lets users book free hotel stays at a vast array of hotels. There doesn't seem to be any particular sort of affiliation, and during our research we noticed hotel options ranging from the Hyatt Regency, Four Points by Sheraton and the Westin to the Holiday Inn and Best Western.
Chase United Mileage Plus Credit Card
Either my check is still in transit OR lost
#4388 5760 2695 8523
due 2/6/2011 either way please credit this check
- Dorothy E Clark
Open my account , please! - www.chase.com/united
I wanted to open my account, I was directed to e-mail to get my ID code, but nothing happened! How can I open my account, please? After all, I'm 74 and I've had that account for a long time, and now I can't open it!
Edna Tammik - www.chase.com/united
Please, let me open my United Milage plus Chase account! - Edna Tammik
This is the comment # 4 already. PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN OPEN MY ACCOUNT. I'VE FORGOTTEN THE PASSWORD AND id #, PLEASE HEPL ME. EDNA TAMMIK. - Edna Tammik
i DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WELL. WHAT DOES THE # 1061.23 MEAN? - Edna Tammik
Account 4388 5430 2406 4712 This account was closed with the payment of 2-2-11, check 2673. The yearly was NOT paid for another year. The check was for $19.95 I have been billed an $1.50 late charge plus a renewal fee. This account is closed and the card has been destroyed. Please acknowledge to [email protected] Thank you - Gary Clark
Does Chase realize that these comments can be read by anyone? I stumbled on to this and am reading personal information about other people. Someone needs to fix this!! - Catherine Walter
I have called both Continental and Chase regarding the over charge of $ two $ 50.00 on my account ending in 7716 I was notified that I need this in writing. This is my offical request that you need to remove the $ l00.00 charge I called about and talked to Kaylynn at Continental and was told she would correct the charge. I also talked to someone at Chase Credit Card on 9/28 and was told to request a removal of the charge and that it would take a few days. .I am waiting for the $ 100.00 credit to be put on my account.
I would like to review my account from my computer. How do I do that? - Rosemary Luscombe
I am a longtime united chase card member but unable to recieve online my visa purcases -----why? - donald allison
United Airlines Extends Deal With Chase for MileagePlus Credit Cards
Shares of United Airlines’ parent soared Thursday after the company announced new credit-card agreements that analysts said could boost earnings.
United Continental Holdings Inc. announced Wednesday that it had extended deals with Visa and JPMorgan Chase for cards that let members of United’s MileagePlus loyalty program earn miles by using their credit card for purchases. The airline said in a regulatory filing that the deal would boost revenue in the second half of 2015 by about $200 million.
Helane Becker, an analyst for Cowen and Co., called the agreements “major positive news” that could increase United’s earnings by $1 per share. That could help offset recent weakening in pricing of flights, she wrote in a note to clients.
UBS analyst Darryl Genovesi raised his forecast of United’s 2015 earnings because of the deals but said any gain in 2016 would be offset by the cost of anticipated new labor contracts and a slightly lower outlook for passenger revenue.
In the past two years, Southwest, Delta and Alaska also have announced new agreements on their credit cards, which are seen as lucrative, high-margin deals for the airlines.
United Continental shares were up $3.55, or 6.1 percent, to $61.50 in late-afternoon trading.