Compare Bank of America credit cards
Bank of America credit cards offer a range of rewards and features including cash rewards, donations to charity, no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees. There are even cards intended to help cardholders build or rebuild credit. And because Bank of America is partnered with Visa and Mastercard, their cards are accepted worldwide.
- World’s best bank in financing and diversity. Euromoney awarded the title to Bank of America July 6, 2016, celebrating BofA’s ability to deliver the financing products and advice that customers need, worldwide.
- Global leader according to the Bloomberg Financial Services Gender-Equality Index. Gender-conscious product offerings, strong representation of women throughout the company, benefit programs, and support of communities across the nation lead to BofA being named one of the top international leaders in gender-equality.
- Greenest. The Environmental Finance’s Green Bond Awards named BofA the top green underwriter of 2015.
Bank of America has several different credit cards to try to meet your personal needs. If you’re looking to transfer a balance, earn rewards, or are seeking a card without the overhead of an annual fee, you may be able to find a card that is right for you. With 1% cashback on everyday purchases, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas and the ability to earn 25% or more with the Preferred Rewards program, you can easily benefit from using qualifying cards.
- No Annual Fee. Bank of America offers 15 different cards that have no annual fee. These cards include the BankAmericard Cash Rewards, BankAmericard Travel Rewards, BankAmericard, BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards, Pink Ribbon BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card, MLB, World Wildlife Fund, U.S. Pride, Norwegian Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards, AAA Member Rewards, BankAmericard Cash Rewards for Students, BankAmericard Travel Rewards for Students, and BankAmericard for students.
- Low intro APR on balance transfers. If you’re looking to transfer a balance from another card, Bank of America provides cards that have a low introductory APR to ease the transition. BankAmericard Cash Rewards, BankAmericard, BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards, Pink Ribbon BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card, MLB, World Wildlife Fund, U.S. Pride, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards, AAA Member Rewards, BankAmericard Cash Rewards for Students, and BankAmericard for students all feature balance transfer capabilities and the low intro APR.
- No foreign transaction fee. Bank of America offers several card options for international travelers. BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Alaska Airlines Visa Signature, Amtrak Guest Rewards World MasterCard, Virgin Atlantic, and Celebrity Cruises cards each have no foreign transaction fees and introductory offers that include bonus rewards.
- Low intro APR on purchases. Even if you’re not transferring a balance, Bank of America offers several credit card options that include low introductory APRs on purchases.
Benefits of banking with Bank of America
Cardholders qualify for several different benefits by banking with Bank of America. Each benefit has its own way of making your life easier, from giving you alternative ways to pay, to account management on the go.
- Preferred Rewards program. Enrolling in the Preferred Rewards program allows access to 25% or more rewards. Qualifying Bank of America deposit accounts and/or Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts will also receive more benefits with enrollment in the program. Each tier of the program has increasing rewards, with a sliding scale of Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Honors, each with their own set of qualification parameters.
- Digital Wallet Technology. As a Bank of America cardholder, you can register your credit card or cards with Apple Pay, Android Pay, or Samsung Pay, allowing you to pay straight from your mobile device. These applications allow you to make in-store and in-app purchases, and with Visa Checkout you can shop at any site with the Visa Checkout button with just one sign-in.
- 24/7 Banking. Online and mobile banking makes it quick and easy to access any of your credit card accounts on the go. In the app and mobile website, cardholders can do everything from check available credit to transfer funds, and even make payments. Alerts about balances and due dates can also be set up to keep you on top of what is happening in your account through text or email.
How to apply for a credit card with Bank of America
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply, 21 years of age or older if a permanent resident of Puerto Rico
- Applicants must have a valid Social Security number
To complete the application, have the following information and documents ready. Required documents:
- Full name and date of birth
- Street address and phone number
- Valid email address
- Employment status
- Total annual income
Below are some of the questions that you might have regarding receiving and using a Bank of America credit card.
us bank edge credit card
Earn $100 cash back via statement credit after you spend $500 on net new retail purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.*
Earn $100 cash back via statement credit after you spend $1,000 on net new retail purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.*
Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all net new purchases. No categories. No limits. ▲▲▲
Earn 1x reward point for every dollar spent.***
Earn 3x rewards points on supermarket, gas station, and restaurant purchases; up to 15,000 points per calendar quarter; 1x point otherwise.**
3% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 90 days of opening your account. Normal finance charges thereafter. ▲▲▲
0% Introductory APR for 24 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 90 days of opening your account. Normal finance charges thereafter.***
0% Introductory APR for the first 12 billing cycles on purchases. Normal finance charges thereafter.***
0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 90 days of opening your account. Normal finance charges thereafter.**
* Bonus Offer Details: Accounts must be in good standing. Applies to net new retail purchases only. Net new retail purchases: qualifying purchases less credits, returns, and adjustments. Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, including purchases of money orders or other cash equivalents, purchases made by or for a business purpose, fees, interest charges, unauthorized/fraudulent transactions, and certain other charges do not earn cash back credit. The cash back balance on your account does not expire for accounts in good standing. Cash Back in the form of statement credit upon your request. Receive the $100 cash back bonus via statement credit: When you spend $500 on net new retail purchases using the Santander ® Ultimate Cash Back SM credit card, or when you spend $1,000 on net new retail purchases using the Bravo credit card, within the first 90 days of opening your account. $100 cash back is credited to customer account within 6 weeks after spending requirements are met. Other terms and conditions apply.
▲▲▲ Santander ® Ultimate Cash BackSM Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) and Fees: 3% introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for 12 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 90 days of opening your account. After the introductory period, a variable APR for balance transfers from 15.49% to 24.49% based on the Prime Rate and your creditworthiness, with a transaction fee for each balance transfer of $0. There is no grace period on balance transfers. Also if you take a balance transfer offer, this means that unless your purchase APR is at an introductory or promotional 0% APR, you will pay interest on new purchases from the date made if you do not pay all balances, including the promotional balance transfer, in full by the next payment due date appearing on your statement. Variable APR for purchases from 15.49% to 24.49% based on your creditworthiness when you open your account. Cash advance APR of 25.99%. Minimum finance charge of $1.50. Penalty APR of 30.99%, which may apply indefinitely to your account if you miss payments or otherwise default. There is no annual fee. Rates effective as of 08/01/2017. Rates are subject to change. Late payment fee and finance charges will still apply. 1.5% cash back via statement credit, gift cards or merchandise on net new retail purchases with no limits on how much you can earn. Earn $100 cash back via statement credit after you spend $500 on net new retail purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account. This credit can take up to 6 weeks to be processed. Late payment fee and finance charges will still apply.